LOOKING TO rent
High cost of living continues to be a challenge for many residents of Canmore. This represents a significant social challenge for the community. If you are interested in renting a home below market rates through the Vital Homes program, follow these steps to apply to own your own home in Canmore.
1. Complete the application form and gather your documents.
Every adult who will be living in the home must complete and sign the application form. Use additional forms if more than two adults are applying. The eligibility criteria and supporting documentation required to apply are specified in each section of the application. If your circumstances are unusual or if you are unsure about a particular section of the form, call our office.
2. Make an appointment with CCH to submit your application.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic in order to best respect social protocols in place, CCH is accepting applications electronically. Please submit all of your documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your application has been received the Rental Administrator will be in contact with you to book an in person Zoom meeting to complete the application process. If you are unable to submit an application electronically please contact Theresa Newland, Rental Administrator at 403-609-9983 ext. 103, to make other arrangements.
3. Get on the waitlist
CCH reviews all completed applications and verifies the information within seven (7) to 10 business days pending availability of supplied references. CCH will contact you to let you know if you have met the eligibility criteria and have been confirmed for your suitability to rent. If so, CCH will provide you with an approval letter and place you on the applicable Vital Homes Rent Waitlist(s). PEKA, the authorized leasing agent, will contact you when a unit becomes available.
To qualify and rent a Vital Homes unit with CCH, your household must meet specific criteria. Please review the criteria below to determine if you are eligible to apply.
1. You must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or have a valid Canadian work permit.
2. One of the following three employment/residency categories must apply to your circumstances.
- Canmore Employment: Working or contracted to work a minimum average of 20 hours per week in Canmore for a Canmore licenced business, or self-employed in Canmore with a valid Town of Canmore business license working a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Canmore Employment or Residency History: Individuals currently living in Canmore who are retired or in receipt of a disability benefit who have had three cumulative years of Canmore employment history working an average of 20 hours per week or five cumulative years of Canmore residency.
- Long-term Resident: A person who currently resides in Canmore and for whom Canmore was their primary residence for a minimum of five years within the ten-year period prior to applying and is employed in the Bow Valley for no less than 20 hours per week.
3. Your gross household income must be less than shown in the chart below in the previous tax year as reported on Line 15000 of your CRA Tax Notice of Assessment.
|Unit Size||Income Limit|
*Note: Studio units are located only at The Hector.
If you meet all of the criteria above, then you likely qualify to rent a Vital Homes property, pending confirmation of your eligibility, availability of homes and your suitability as a tenant. Should you have any questions, please contact our office at 403-609-9983.